Let’s face it: Everyone has a lot to do. And there’s nothing more unsettling than starting your day with a dose of complete and utter chaos. So, are the people who accomplish more actually less busy? No, they just know how to prioritize and manage their time.
Here are smart tips to help you save time and be a little more productive in the office.
1. Set aside a specific hour each day for replying emails and returning calls.
2. Turn off email and text alerts on your smartphone so you’re not interrupted.
3. Spend less time whining and making excuses–just do it.
4. Practice delegation–delegate, delegate, delegate.
5. Set task deadline alarms. (You’ll work faster with deadlines.)
6. Only work on activities that get you to your set goals.
7. Schedule specific social media time and limit it to 30 minutes per day.
8. Combine meetings with breakfast, lunch or dinner.
9. Practice time chunking–focus on a project for 30 minutes without interruption, then take a 5 minute break; repeat as necessary.
10. Create tomorrow’s to-do list as your last work task each day.