One of the great things about the internet is that it’s make it easy to get a business started. No matter where you live, as long as you have an internet connection, you can make money online. That money can free you from the daily grind of a 9 to 5 job, allow you to travel, indulge in hobbies, and spend time with family.
Perhaps the second best part about making money online is that there are so many ways to do it! That means that more than likely there is a business opportunity that appeals to you.
Here’s are 6 business opportunities available on the Internet:
1. Affiliate Marketing
You probably already know affiliate marketing as it’s one of the most “veteran” online moneymakers out there.
In a nutshell, here’s how it works:
- You set up a website or blog or social media presence or email newsletter.
- You pick a hot affiliate niche market, one with many potential customers
- You provide useful content as well as marketing messages aimed at your prospects.
- When you promote products, you don’t sell your own. Instead, you become an affiliate and market the products of others. When customers on your site click on a link to buy, they are taken to your affiliate partner’s site to complete the transaction. You get a commission for every completed sale. You don’t have to worry about shipping or customer service!
2. Selling online
One of the quickest ways to get started selling online is to leverage the power of third party” sites. E-commerce giants like Jumia and Konga are powerful sales and marketing platforms with a built-in prospect base. Millions of people already visit these sites to shop.
On some of these sites, they make it easy to set up your own shop where customers can browse your products on offer – no need for you to set up your own website or anything. Plus, you use their shopping cart. In short, you avoid much of the expense and hassle of setting up an independent e-commerce website. They even goes as far as helping sellers fulfill their orders.
By providing valuable content on a regular basis you attract like-minded prospects who are interested in information and products related to your niche. They want to keep reading to find out more and buy.
These are folks primed to buy the products you offer up either through ads, affiliate links in blog posts, or whatever. Why? Because you’ve been providing useful free content. One thing to keep in mind with a blog: make sure you focus on a specific niche and stick with it. That will make it easier for you to create content, for the search engines to find and rank your site, and for your prospects to stay loyal.
4. Niche E-commerce
If you’re going ecommerce, competing with big players like Jumia would be difficult. You don’t have the start-up capital, warehouse space, or logistics system to set up an online store with thousands of different products anyway.
That’s why, as a solopreneur one of the best ways to succeed is to find your specific niche. This way you can focus your marketing, your web content – everything on that one subject. You become a go-to expert, you appear high in the search engine rankings for that topic. It’s win-win all around.
Be sure to pay attention to the news, your social media feeds, articles in newspapers and magazines, and the best-selling items on to figure out what markets you might try entering in.
5. Your Own YouTube Channel
Some ideas for valuable videos: how-tos, unboxing (where you open a product for your viewers), reviews, travel, music, comedy… the list goes on. There are so many niches that the millions of people who visit YouTube every day are into.
So how do you make money with YouTube?
- Set up your YouTube channel. This is where your videos will live.
- Upload videos consistently. Keep a schedule so you can build an audience. Be sure to describe the content specifically in your video description. Make sure your videos are of good quality and contain good content your audience will enjoy. That doesn’t mean you need a fancy camera — a smartphone will do at the beginning.
- Put the word out on Twitter, Facebook, to your email marketing list, and beyond. You can even share the videos on social media or embed them in your blog or website. You want to build up those views.
- Be sure to respond to comments from viewers. Stay engaged to create fans.
- Monetize by allowing YouTube to include ads on your videos. When viewers click on an ad, you get paid. The more views = more revenue for you.
6. Selling Ebooks
The internet has blown apart the traditional publishing world. Along with every other type of information, this medium has revolutionized the distribution and selling of books. These days ebooks, electronic books, are where it’s at. They can be purchased online and then instantly downloaded to a computer, tablet, or ebook reader.
The best part is you don’t have to be a big name publisher with deep pockets to get in on this action. As a solo internet entrepreneur, you can sell ebooks directly from your own website as well. Ebooks can be novels, nonfiction works, how-to guides, collections of blog posts or essays.
To make sales, hype the book on your social media, to your email list, on your blog and website, all with a link to buy the book.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts!