Starting in 2017, the Foundation will present the Ken Junior Award for Innovation to four start-up technology companies in Port Harcourt in Rivers state, Nigeria.
The Ken Junior Award recognises and seeks to overcome the barriers to economic development and innovation in Port Harcourt, namely access to electricity, internet connection, mentoring and networking. We believe these are more valuable than any cash prize.
Winners will be picked based on the following criteria:
- An innovative solution to an identified social, economic or environmental problem that has a technological element
- A sustainable and scalable businesses model
- A team with passion, experience and complementary skills
Benefit of Award:
Each of the awardees will win six months:
- Self-contained office space at the Ken Saro-Wiwa Centre
- High-speed internet connection
- Constant electricity
- Access event space for holding workshops and trainings
- Business support and trainings
- Peer Learning
- Mentorship from industry experts
How to Apply:
To apply for this program, follow the link download a copy of the application, fill in the necessary information, and send a copy to with “APPLICATION TO THE KEN JR. AWARD” as subject of the mail.
25th August 2017