Women Techmakers Scholars program was established to further Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science, and to encourage and support women in tech to become active role models and leaders in the field.
Women Techmakers is partnering with Udacity to offer a Women Techmakers Udacity Scholarship to support women advancing their skills in web and mobile development. Available to women around the world, this scholarship provides the opportunity to gain online certification in one of four Nanodegree programs co-created with Google Developers: , ,, and .
To be considered for the Women Techmakers Udacity Scholarship, successful applicants must:
- Identify as a woman
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time the application is submitted
- Have fluency or near-fluency in English
- Commit to finishing the Nanodegree program within one year
- Meet Udacity’s
Benefits of the program
- Receive a fully-funded scholarship for one year to build your technical skills through one these Google co-created Udacity Nanodegrees: Front-end Web Development, Android Basics, Android Developer, or Full Stack Development.
- Participate in a global community of women in technology through your specialized Nanodegree cohort hosted by Women Techmakers. Meet Googlers, experts, and mentors through a global Slack team and course forums.
- Nanodegree graduates will receive career coaching and interview tips from Google and our partners. We’ll also share public speaking pro-tips and offer to share your unique story and project across the Women Techmakers platforms.
Application closes: June 9, 2017