- Be less than 2 years old.
- Have raised less than USD 500,000 in funding.
- Have built a minimum viable product, ideally with existing traction.
The Seedstars World team is also searching for one additional criterion – the startup’s regional and global scalability.
With a strong network of international partners such as BBVA, Merck, Enel, Trecc and Standard Bank, Seedstars World is looking for smart startups that solve regional issues and develop profitable products for the global market, to support their regional businesses and growth.
What startups stand to gain:
- Up to 10 of the best seed stage startups in Nigeria will be invited to pitch for the opportunity to compete at the Seedstars Summit, that annually takes place in Switzerland.
- At the same time, Seedstars World is also working very closely with Enel Green Power to source the most innovative business models in the energy sectors and ones that are fostering socio-economic development in rural villages in Africa.
- Up to 5 best startups in this sector will be invited for an exclusive RES4Africa networking event taking place later this November in Nairobi and compete for an Africa Energy Prize which consists of a financial contribution and a three-month acceleration programme for a total value of up to 50,000 USD.
Seedstars World is traveling to more than 75 countries this year to identify the best seed-stage entrepreneurs and provide them with an opportunity to win up to USD 1,000,000 in investment and other prizes, and network with investors and mentors from around the world. Its previous participants have raised over USD 61M collectively, providing employment to more than 1000 employees worldwide.
To apply, visit –