Bank Plc has set the stage for the selection, training and empowerment of 50 entrepreneurs in the 7th edition of its Building Entrepreneurs Today (BET) initiative.
This initiative, which is in partnership with the Enterprise Development Center (EDC) of the Pan Atlantic University, is at the core of the bank’s corporate social responsibility strategy, and is aimed at:
- Creating a new generation of entrepreneurs who will not be overwhelmed by the challenges posed by the harsh operating business environment but will, with the training and seed capital from the bank, provide the needed value to the economy.
- Ensure that entrepreneurs in the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) are properly trained, equipped with up-to-date business knowledge and given enough capital to effectively play in the economy.
- Selecting 50 entrepreneurs whose businesses have the potential to stimulate sustainable economic growth and development in Nigeria for six months entrepreneurial training programme.
- Giving back to its community by supporting human capital development in Nigeria, as this is the backbone of a healthy productive economy.
- Providing entrepreneurs in the MSME sector with proper and up-to-date knowledge of how to run a business successfully in an inclement environment.
Diamond Bank believes that empowering entrepreneurs will contribute to the economy and boost production and employment. These informs their passion to drive the training of entrepreneurs at the MSME sector and ensure that they are empowered with the knowledge to succeed and build sustainable businesses.
By helping them to build capacity and providing them with seed capital, it is obvious that their chances of survival will be higher and they will be better positioned to continue to contribute to the GDP.
On how to apply, details will be communicated soon.
Did you find this article informative? Kindly like, comment and share!