The European Commission is covering the travel and accommodation cost of 50 EU and 50 African based digital entrepreneurs to showcase their services and technology during the 6th EU-Africa Business Forum.
- Sector: All start-ups using digital technologies are invited to apply, though we would especially like to see start-ups from the following areas: Finance, Health, Education, Agriculture and Fisheries, Energy, E-Commerce, Government, Climate, and Connectivity.
- Disruption: Is the start-up clearly solving an important or very big problem ? Is it a “me too” copy of an existing start-up ?
- Scale and Impact:
– Are you ready to scale up in EU or Africa ?
– Is there a large, growing market to play in ?
– Do you already have a well-tested/functioning solution ?
– Is the solution a potential “category winner” ?
– What traction has been achieved to date ?
– Do you already have investors ?
– Had you received a prize?
- Geographical Balance: The selection committee will ensure that selected start-ups will come from throughout the various countries of Africa and EU The choice is given to start-ups to submit in their preference language (FR/EN).
- Selection procedure: Your submission will be evaluated by a selection committee formed formed among others by representatives of European Commission, African Union, Startup Europe Africa Network, Orange and Wayra
Your submission will be evaluated by a selection committee formed formed among others by representatives of European Commission, African Union, Startup Europe Africa Network, Orange and Wayra
Value of Award:
Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to showcase their services and technology to investors and decision makers during a Startup Fair and attend a number of side events dedicated to entrepreneurship, digital economy, energy and agriculture.
Duration of Program:
25th-28th of November
How to Apply:
20th October 2017
The winners will be announced on 27 November.