While addressing leaders of market unions and leaders of middle income earner organisations in an advocacy/sensitisation workshop in Onitsha, the Director General of Debt Management Office (DMO), Abraham Nwankwo stated that the new Federal Government of Nigeria Savings Bond (FGNSB) was designed to give the poor a stake in government.
He said over the years, government has issued bond, but it remained elitist bonds, which were sold as wholesale bond to privileged individuals, corporate companies and organisation.
- The FGNSB is making these bond available to the ordinary Nigerians.
- There are a lot to benefits in investing in the FGNSB. First is that it is an opportunity for the common man to have a stake in the country. You can boast of having borrowed to the federal government.
- Investment has interest accruing to you, straight into your bank account, and your interest is tax free.
- The savings bond will open, and it will remain open for five days.
- The interest rate will be disclosed, and everyone is at liberty to buy.
- You can invest from as little as N5,000 to as high as N50 million.
The workshop featured teachings on the workings of bond, and how to purchase them. DMO’s Director of portfolio management, Oladele Afolabi took participants through a lecture on the bonds, while reeling out the list of accredited stockbrokers.
Go to invest in FGN bond.
Did you find this article informative? Kindly like, comment and share!