The Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association has partnered the Imagine Business Services to unveil an entrepreneurship e-learning programme.
The association said the programme was part of its continued efforts to join hands with the government to address the high unemployment rate among Nigerian youths which was recently put at 80 per cent by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
NECA described the initiative as an e-solution targeted at providing an easy-to-access opportunity for the teeming Nigerian youths to upscale their skills and discourage them from relying solely on white-collar jobs.
According to the DG, “the initiative is in tandem with NECA’s mandate to influence economic and socio-labour policies to create an army of gainfully employed youths, who in turn would be employers of labour and ultimately add to national development. The target is getting youths to be wealth creators rather than job seekers.”
Here’s all you should know about the e-learning programme:
- NECAPreneur is an e-solution targeted at providing an easy-to- access opportunity for the teeming Nigerian youths to upscale their skills and ultimately add to national development.
- NECAPreneur targets young people with the following criteria:1. Young people between 18 – 35 years old2. 1
- 00 level – final year undergraduates.
- Fresh graduates already engaged in entrepreneurship
- Participants are to pay N5,000.00 to sign up.
- Once you complete the simple registration process for participation on NECAPreneur, you are ready to go. The course is delivered in 3 stages – Basic, Intermediate and Advanced with each of these stages consisting of between 7 – 9 Modules on different aspects of entrepreneurship.Each of the Training Module is delivered online using animated video and pdf media. All training materials are non-downloadable & non-transferrable.
- Participants would be Pre-tested for each of the 3 stages and thereafter tested after each Module to establish learning. Modules scores are aggregated for each stage and a performance report generated for participants.
- Pass mark is set at 50% for each of the modules, and participants who fail to meet the 50% mark would be required to retake module at no extra charge to them.
- A certificate of participation showing the modules taken and respective scores attained would be issued to participants on completion of the 3 stages.
NECAprenur provides participants with the following benefits:
1. They learn the ABC of Entrepreneurship.
2. Have access to internship leads with SMEs.
3. Have links to available support systems.
4. Opportunity for face-to- face engagement with leading senior entrepreneurs (twice a year in Lagos NECAPreneur Parley).
Did you find this article informative? Kindly like, comment and share!