The United States Consulate General Lagos, in collaboration with Field of Skills and Dreams VTE Academy, on Saturday organized a follow-up business and entrepreneurship mentoring program for 65 emerging Nigerian entrepreneurs.
Building on the introductory two-day intensive conference for emerging entrepreneurs held in March, the program was aimed at:
- Helping the participants evaluate their achievements till date while also gaining insights into the challenges hindering their business growth potential.
- Providing the participants with practical guidance on how to transform their businesses and drive profitability.
- Enhancing the skills and capacity of budding Nigerian entrepreneurs.
- Supporting business owners on their journey to establishing successful businesses and help them achieve a certain level of success.
- Help the more established Nigerian entrepreneurs become more dynamic, forward looking, and committed to the economic success of Nigeria
Public Affairs Officer, United States Consulate General Lagos, Ms. Darcy Zotter, stated that the follow-up training became expedient in order to equip the entrepreneurs with enhanced set of skills and networks to help them as they strive to achieve business success.
“I am pleased to see that many of the emerging entrepreneurs we trained in March have returned. We know that entrepreneurs can be made – and aren’t necessarily born. Entrepreneurial skills can be taught. The process of learning and honing their entrepreneurial skills is on-going. We hope that when they finish today they will have a stronger network of supportive friends and mentors.”
Did you find this article informative? Kindly like, comment and share!